If you have health insurance, get a check-up, scale & clean without paying a cent.
T: 9201 9886
Book an appointment for a checkup & clean and get:
• Scale and clean
• Bite wing/OPG
No insurance? No problem! We’ll cap your fee at $199.
Pay $199 for exam, scale, clean, fluoride & x-ray! (Value $350)
Terms & Conditions
- Treatment will only be administered at the discretion of one of our dental professionals
- Offer available only with certain dentists at Oxford Street Dental
- Dental clean performed by our hygienist
- If you’d prefer to see a dentist and not a hygienist, and you don’t have health insurance, you may have a check, clean, x-ray, photo & fluoride for $199.
Preventative dental services
Your child’s first visit to the dentist should be a fun, positive one as it can drastically affect his or her opinion of the dentist for years to come.
Oxford Street Dental always ensures that children have a relaxed, positive experience. We deliberately take our time with them, explaining what we’re doing and why. We also help educate children in how to brush, floss and look after their teeth.
More good news: we’re just a six minute walk from Aranmore Catholic Primary School!
Got private health insurance? Is so, there’ll be no gap for you to pay. (Just swipe your health insurance card)
Scale and clean
Scale and clean, also known as ‘polish and clean’ or ‘scale and polish’, is a routine but important procedure. Keeping your teeth clean may also help avoid other health concerns, too. Essentially, a scale and clean is a professional clean, removing many of the nasties:
- Plaque – a soft, sticky substance that is made up of a collection of bacteria. You can help eliminate the buildup of plaque by regularly brushing and flossing your teeth, but not all plaque can be removed thoroughly unless you book in for a professional clean.
- Calculus – effectively hardened plaque, this is a hard, calcified buildup that cannot be removed by brushing or flossing. Calculus must be removed by a professional.
- Stained teeth – over time your teeth become stained through drinking tea, coffee, red wine or smoking, leaving a sticky substance that has to be professionally removed.
The nice thing about having a scale and clean is that your teeth will not only look whiter and brighter but will feel far smoother and cleaner, too! TIP: Aim to have your scale and clean every six months.
BONUS: If you have private health insurance, you may be entitled to at least one free scale and clean per year. Check with your provider for more details.
Dental examination (check-up)
This is a systematic process where the dentist or hygienist will investigate your mouth and teeth look for any signs of demineralisation, caries or defects. We will also inspect your filling and take x-rays so that a radiographic record of the teeth can be made.
A regular dental examination is essential to treat any potential damage and avoid costly problems developing.
BONUS: If you have private health insurance, you may be entitled to at least one free dental examination per year. Check with your provider for more details.