(Far) less than one day is all it takes…
Cosmetic dentistry has come a long way. Gone are the days where getting a dental crown was a chore. There were several appointments, unpleasant impression materials, and an annoying temporary crown to wear.
But now,our Leederville dental clinic’s 3-D CEREC technology has changed that. You can get a quality dental crown in a single visit. (It’s why they’re often called ‘One-visit Crowns’ or ‘Fast turnaround Crowns’.)
Using the latest in 3-D technology, we’ll take a quick impression of your teeth (which you can see on a computer screen next to you). Next, we’ll prepare your tooth. Then, while you wait, we’ll mill a perfectly fitting quality crown, and fit it for you.
All surgical procedures carry risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
Benefits of same-day CEREC technology
- Save time – have your crown fitted here in Leederville, in one appointment (no need to wait for several weeks & have multiple appointments)
- No temporary crown required
- No more nasty dental impression material, thanks to 3-D scanning
- No communication breakdowns with third-party labs – Scan and mill is done chair-side, by your dentist
- Exact, high precision custom fit restorations – thanks to 3-D technology. No guess work required!
Benefits of same-day ceramic restorations
- Extremely durable – and long-lasting
- Looks & feels natural – like a natural tooth
- Biocompatible – completely accepted by your body
- Prevents breakage & preserves the remaining tooth
See a Same-day CEREC crown being made
Why would I need a dental crown?
- Cosmetic improvements – if you have a tooth that is badly cracked, stained or damaged, a dental crown can give the appearance of a more healthy-looking, attractive tooth.
- Support – if your tooth has large fillings or is badly damaged, a crown can preserve your tooth, avoiding extraction so that you can keep it for longer.
- Root canal treatment – sometimes, after root canal treatment, your tooth can be left weak and vulnerable. By placing a crown on top of the tooth, it can not only protect your tooth but prevent further bacterial infections.
- Dental implants – if you’re missing just one or a couple of teeth, you may be given a dental implant to act as an artificial tooth root. Then, the dentist will place an abutment, followed by a dental crown to act as an artificial tooth.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ONE-VISIT CEREC CROWN: BEFORE & AFTER
Same-day crowns have many advantages as they are very convenient, as they are quick to make, and are a good price. However, sometimes you may require a crown at the front of your teeth. In this case, other types of crowns may be more suitable.
No, Same-day crowns are not more expensive than normal lab-created crowns.
By using 3-D technology, our same-day CEREC crowns can be made on the day. This is extremely useful as there will be no need to come back for repeat appointments or have to put up with wearing a temporary crown for several weeks.
CEREC crowns are custom designed crowns made through 3-D technology to cover the entire tooth. They are made in just one day.
Usually, a porcelain ceramic crown lasts between 10 to 15 years. However, just as with normal teeth, you’ll have to take care of your teeth, practising good oral hygiene, as well as avoiding tooth grinding or abusing your teeth by using them in any way they are not designed.
Both crowns and veneers are used for dental restorations – to either improve the cosmetic appearance or function. Veneers are simply wafer-thin porcelain that is bonded to the front of the tooth. The rest of the tooth is not affected. Crowns sit over the entire tooth, making them useful when the tooth need support. A crown is more durable and more resistant to cracking.
Having a dental crown placed should not be a painful experience. You’ll be given plenty of local anaesthetic so that you’ll remain comfortable throughout the procedure. Afterward, you may feel a tiny bit of irritation around the gums, which will not last long.
While same-day/one-visit CEREC restorations are extremely versatile, they are not the solution for everyone. Sometimes a different type of crown is needed. You may need your crown done in a conventional manner, which will take at least two visits. Your dentist will advise you whether you are suitable for same-day restorations.