Enjoy the benefits of stable, secure, natural-looking teeth with dental implants…
Dental implants are one of the most exciting new developments in the world dentistry. If you’re missing one tooth, several or all teeth, these tiny titanium screws can mimic the action of a tooth root, working as an anchor for the missing teeth.
With implants you can:
- enjoy them for a lifetime
- no longer put up with the annoyance of traditional dentures
- increase your biting efficiency by approx. 65%
- prevent bone loss, keeping your jawbone healthy and strong and prevent premature ageing (without an implant or a tooth root in the jawbone, the bone tissue will resorb and waste away, which occurs with traditional denture wearers)
- laugh and talk without your dentures moving
- keep your adjacent natural teeth stable
All surgical procedures carry risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are tiny titanium posts that are surgically placed into your jawbone. Over time, the jawbone and the titanium implant fuse together in a process known as osseointegration. Once osseointegration has occurred, you have a tough, sturdy base for your new tooth (dental crown) or teeth (implant supported dentures).
Are tooth implants right for me?
Chances are, if you have lost a tooth or teeth, tooth implants will be a great solution for you. However, for a very small percentage of individuals, they may not be appropriate. For instance, if you have inadequate bone tissue, cancer or diabetes, implants may not be the best solution for you. As always, it is best to discuss this with your dentist.
Dental implants: cost
The cost of dental implants in Perth has come down considerably in the last couple of years. At your initial consult (which incurs no out-of pocket expense) our dentist will discuss all costs and item numbers required for your procedure. Then, if you have private health insurance, we can check your exact rebates on the spot using HICAPS.